Frequently Asked Questions
1. Platform support
- How do I run Itaka in Windows?
- I am in Windows and Itaka does not start
- Will there ever be a native Windows version?
- Will Itaka be included in Debian/Ubuntu?
- Platform support
- Please see the Windows installation guidelines.
- Open a command line window (Windows->Run->"cmd.exe"), then change into the directory where the *.py files are located. Execute itaka.py with the full Python path specified.
"C:\Python25\python.exe" "C:\Itaka\itaka.pyw --debug"
- No, Python, Twisted and GTK are reasonably well supported and integrated in Windows that the effort of making a .NET port is not worth it.
- Eventually, yes.
- Yes, see the [server] [html] setting in your Itaka configuration file which is in ~/.itaka/itaka.conf or %APPDATA%/itaka/itaka.ini in Windows. Also, in config.py the headhtml and footerhtml variables specify the HTML headers and footers used in every page served.
- Yes, see the [server] [authfailure] for the string used when the authentication failed. See server.py for other values. Specifically the RootResource class.